Got Your Back
Got Your Back is a fun, interactive, and relevant curriculum from PREP that focuses on helping individuals to
improve understanding and decision-making in their relationships. The
goals include helping individuals handle stress more effectively, limit
destructive communication patterns, understand safe and unsafe relationship
dynamics, and be more intentional about expectations and actions in seeking
successful relationships with others.
Got Your Back is built for individuals rather
than couples. It is a great way to connect with your participants and
help them learn important life-skills at the same time. The materials are
designed to be highly engaging, fun, and meaningful for today's young adults
(especially those under 35).
You must be trained in this PREP curriculum in order to teach it.
To view upcoming trainings click here.
Trained Leaders click here to shop for Got Your Back.
Why it Matters
This curriculum empowers individuals to...
Interactive and fun approach to teaching...
This curriculum uses animations, Lecture Doodles, and activities to teach. This keeps participants interested and makes important ideas easier to teach. Click to see an example of an animation or a Lecture Doodle.
- Learn to replace communication danger signs with strategies for respectful talking and listening.
- Look at the warning signs of dangerous patterns in relationships.
- Manage stress and reduce the negative effects of it on their lives, including alcohol abuse.
- Explore personal needs and expectations and the role that decision-making plays in realizing them.
- Learn the brain science behind love and how to enjoy making decisions while "in love."
- Acknowledge the long-term satisfaction possible through healthy choices regarding commitment, including why fatherhood matters.
- Discuss forgiveness, infidelity and knowing when to end an unhealthy relationship.
What's Unique About Got Your Back?
Military singles are already responsible, committed citizens of the U.S. but they also strive to find balance in their personal lives. Got Your Back helps participants to set their goals and commit to what they want for themselves in life. Individuals are helped to see how small decisions and actions can help them realize their most important goals in both personal and professional relationships.
Got Your Back includes activities that engage individual men and women, small groups and whole groups of participants in the application of the themes to their own lives.
Length of Program: 6.5 Hours Total
Modular units allow you to teach only the topics you choose. Each lesson is 25 or 50 minutes long. As with all of our curicula, the material is easily adaptable.