PREP for Strong Bonds
PREP for Strong Bonds is a military-based curriculum designed to facilitate partners through the issues that all romantic couples face (like communication, stress, and support) in addition to issues that are specific to military families (such as deployment and re-integration).
You must be trained in this PREP curriculum in order to teach it.
To view upcoming trainings click here.
Trained Leaders click here to shop for PREP for Strong Bonds.
Why it Matters
This curriculum empowers couples to...
- Replace communication danger signs with proactive strategies for respectful talking and listening.
- Explore sharing fun and satisfying intimate needs by working as a team to nurture and support each other.
- Practice managing stress and reducing the negative effects of stress on a relationship.
- Recognizing and communicating issues and expectations, including planning for the future.
- Investigate the impact that past experiences can have on a couple’s future.
- Acknowledge long-term satisfaction through the gift of commitment.
- Face the challenges of deployment and re-integration as a team.
- Develop ground rules for engaging in important conversations respectfully and productively.
What's Unique About Strong Bonds?
PREP devoted its energy to the issues that military couples most often face, such as the hardship of deployment, in this latest curriculum. Strong Bonds includes the same invaluable relationship education that all our curricula offer, but, in addition, helps military families maintain a focused communication of expectations, even as roles shift in long absences.
Strong Bonds includes over 61 activities that move away from the traditional lecture format to help engage busy couples in the actual application of the themes presented.
Length of Program: 15 hours total
Each separate unit, based on suggestion, is 40-80 minutes long. As with all of our curricula, the material is easily adaptable.