Within My Reach
Within My Reach offers a skills-based program with critical, concrete tools that help participants control their own relationship in a way that will lead to more enriching, more satisfying interactions with the people that matter in their lives, with themes that include: knowing yourself first, smart love, and making your own decisions.
Why it Matters
This curriculum empowers individuals to...
- Practice replacing communication danger signs with proactive strategies for respectful talking and listening.
- Examine the warning signs of dangerous patterns in relationships.
- Develop skills to help manage stress and reduce the negative effects of stress.
- Explore personal needs and expectations and the role that decision-making plays in realizing those needs and expectations.
- Learn the brain science behind love and how to enjoy and thoughtfully navigate decisions while in love.
- Acknowledge the long-term satisfaction possible through the gift of commitment.
- Discuss forgiveness, infidelity and knowing when to end an unhealthy relationship.
- Recognize the challenges and opportunities inherent in step--parenting or blended families.
What's Unique About Within My Reach?
We often hear participants say, “I wish I had known this when I started dating” after taking a Within My Reach workshop because this curriculum helps singles set their goals when it comes to personal and relationship development and commit to making decisions that proactively realize those goals.
Within My Reach includes activities that engage individuals and whole groups of participants in the application of the themes to their own lives.
Length of Program: 15 hours total
Each separate unit, based on suggestion, is roughly 55 minutes long, there are 15 of them. As with all of our curricula, the material is easily adaptable