Within Our Reach
Within Our Reach builds on couple participants’ existing strengths and adds critical life and relationship skills to create safer, more stable unions that help heighten the quality of life for the individuals in that relationship as well as their children, including: fostering improved communication, managing expectations, and devoting themselves to a mutual commitment and support.
You must be trained in this PREP curriculum in order to teach it.
To view upcoming trainings click here.
Trained Leaders click here to shop for Within Our Reach.
Why it Matters
This curriculum empowers couples to...
- Replace communication danger signs with proactive strategies for respectful talking and listening.
- Explore sharing fun and satisfying intimate needs by working as a team to nurture and support each other.
- Practice managing stress and reducing the negative effects of stress on a relationship.
- Recognizing and communicating issues and expectations, including planning for the future.
- Investigate the impact that past experiences can have on a couple’s future.
- Acknowledge long-term satisfaction through the gift of commitment.
What's Unique About Within Our Reach?
Within Our Reach was constructed with the same critical relationship strategies that launched PREP to begin with, but with a critical focus on how adults learn best-- by engaging in activities that reinforce self-awareness and apply healthy decision-making strategies to their own circumstances. WOR workshops ask participants to work independently as well as interact in small group and whole group activities, engaging them with the curriculum and each other in highly interactive ways.
Within Our Reach includes over 34 activities & moves away from the traditional lecture format to help engage busy couples in the actual application of the themes presented.
Length of Program: from 2 to 32 hours
16 separate units, each are a suggested 110 minutes long. As with all of our curricula, the material is easily adaptable. Additionally, there is a separate 8-hour format available.